Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Jesus and the Unidentifiable Liquid

Another interesting week by Elder Craig. The title of this email seems
strange doesn't it? Well hold on to your butts because it's gonna be a
very weird trip!

Monday: Nothing special. We just kind of helped Sister Wiebe shop
while we were shopping.

Tuesday: We went to Sister Wiebe's and troubleshoot her computer
again. We also helped her buy a new TV for whatever reason. It feels
nice being relied on for technology stuff. It makes me feel like I
know something. Anyway, we brought a member with us to see Humpy. His
name is Brother Bailey and he is a 24 hour locksmith. Humpy really
liked him and wanted us to bring him again. Humpy was acting weird
though because he had something on his mind. His wife is getting
sicker and sicker and he wanted us to pray for her. And obviously we

were going to already! Haha.


Colton and Lucy - Sister Weibe's Dog

Wednesday: We saw a couple of people, and taught one of them about prophets. He didn't really believe in that. He told us that his
baptist church doesn't associate with other baptist churches because they have a direct line from Jesus Christ or something and we told him we would love to see that. After that, we had dinner at the Coots'
house. Oh m goodness I love that family so much. We talked about
nourishing the seed will continue to grow and compared the seed into our faith. Sister Coots talked about how she is  worried about her
stepson, Caleb, straying away from the church, but I reassured her that if he was anything like me and thought the church was really important, even if he did stray away he would come back. Sister Coots said "you know we told Caleb to befriend you just because you've gone
through so many similar things with him and that you might have some insight." I felt really flattered, but I thought that's all they were doing, was just flattering me. After their house, we went and taught
seminary and we were really late! We taught the lesson in 20 minutes. It's kind of hard teaching six chapters in 20 minutes.

Thursday: "I've been waiting for this!" Sorry I just had to quote
something that I thought would be perfect for this day. So Thursday
was very interesting. We got a member to come with us to a lesson, but
she wasn't there so we tried a less active who had been in the
hospital for two months. We got to see him and just kind of check up
on him to see if he was okay. Then we ended up tracting for awhile and
a couple of interesting things happened. So one door we knocked, a cop
opened the door and my first thought was "oh a cop he is gonna be
super friendly!" Nope. He opens the door and says "OH get the (insert
word I cannot say) outta here" and slams the door in my face. I was so
excited! My first door slammed in my face! They really do have a
southern hospitality over here that makes almost everyone here pretty
friendly. Anyway another door we knocked on, a 25ish year old lady
comes out in nothing but a towel and we were just.....oh my gosh,
anyway we ended up leaving a pamphlet with her because she seemed
pretty interested. Who comes out in nothing but a towel?! People are
weird. Anyway, this is probably the highlight of my week right here.
We see a inactive member a lot who has Word of Wisdom problems a lot.
We finally get to see him after about a week of us trying to see him.
There was no electricity in his house and by this time it was
nighttime. So it was really dark and we were teaching by candlelight.
So we taught him a lesson and after it he said some interesting
things. He asks "would you believe me if I told you, I am Jesus." And
thank goodness he didn't wait for a response but he tells us more.
"There will be many Jesuses." "You know I hear voices in my head and
they tell me things." So basically you have schizophrenia? Oh my
goodness....this member, before we saw him that day, loved to compare
himself to Jesus a lot. Like "Jesus fed 5000 with five loaves and two
fishes. And I fed the homeless for five years with food out of my
shopping cart." Needless to say, he was a little drunk when we saw him
on Thursday.

Friday: After our weekly planning, we helped "Jesus" move apartments.
So a lot of you know that I used to stage model homes and one of the
many things that I can tell is when something fits through something
because a lot of the time furniture would not fit through a door at my
job. Well Elder Ross thinks that we could fits a chair and a tv in our
car. Our tiny little Chevy Cruze. Well after telling him several times
it wouldn't fit in there, he said lets just try. Obviously it didn't.
But when we tried to put the tv in the trunk (smh), there was a
microwave there, so obviously I pick it up out of the trunk and try to
set it somewhere where we could attempt to put the tv. Well, as I
picked it up, an unidentifiable liquid came pouring out of the
microwave and spilled all over my slacks. It was a rusty water color.
We couldn't figure out what it was, but all I knew was that I was so
mad at "Jesus" for not cleaning his microwave and angry at Elder Ross
for not listening to me when I said that it wouldn't fit. Anyway, the
only other thing really worth talking about was a guy came up to us
and asked for money to go to the hospital because his mom had a stroke
or something, we gave him some money but then he kept asking for more.
W kept saying that we had but he kept on begging and I just can't
understand how he couldn't hear us saying that.

Saturday: We brought Sister Wiebe's new tv to her house and set it up.
We also helped her move her entire set of Kentucky Derby glasses over
on a different shelf. She gave me one but I ended up putting it with
the rest of hers because for reasons I don't know. We went to Saturday
stake conference because they wanted the full time missionaries to
sing. We sang all three verses of Called to Serve. Yup three. My
mission made up a third verse just for our mission. There were a lot
of good talks given.

Sunday: So the Coots gave us a ride to stake conference this time. We
sat down and right as it begins, Caleb sits next to me and says "my
Dad told me if I had any questions to ask you." And I was just
thinking, "oh....they weren't just flattering me...." Anyway, Caleb
asked me some questions about certain things and then asked me
questions about divorce. And I thought these questions would be okay
to answer because they were spiritual and I felt like he was a little
upset about his parents divorce. And then he just started talking
about random things and I couldn't get him to stop talking haha. He is
a great kid though. So I didn't get to listen to one talk at stake
conference. I hope I helped Caleb though. The only other thing worth
mentioning is we went to a Post Oak baptist church and as we were
leaving a man, probably the preacher, stopped us and thanked us for
coming and that we should have lunch sometime and left. We thought,
"yeah like don't arrange for that to happen or anything." It's like
when you see an old friend from high school and you kind of talk and
catch up and then they say "we should hang out sometime" and then you
never do. We might go back to just to get a new investigator though
haha.

Anyway that's my week. I hope you all enjoyed it. Actually, I know you
enjoyed it because meeting Jesus is a once in a lifetime thing right?
Haha, well on that note, just remember, beware of false prophets
Matthew 7:15. And remember that the Holy Ghost will testify to you if
it's right or not John 14:26 and 1 Corinthians 2:9-11. I hope y'all
have a good week and....oh my gosh I typed in
y'all......oooooooooohhhhhhh nooooooooooooo!!!!!! Haha actually it's
not a huge deal. Anyway, have a great week! And I hope to hear from
y'all soon! (Might as well start using y'all since everyone here says
it).

Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment